Monday, June 30, 2014

Grilling On The Go!


Welcome Down Home Friends,
You sure know it is summer when you smell the food cooking outdoors. When the weather is beautiful and sunny outside who really wants to be indoors? Cooking outside no matter where you are can be fun and change things up a bit. In my house I am not the BBQ master and I like it that way! But I am in charge of planning and all the sides. So basically my job is to figure out the what and where and worry about the sides. It is kind of a good deal if you think about it!
My quest this time around was to find a grill that was portable and lightweight that could be carried to the beach for a cookout. I was determined to find something that could fit compact under a boat seat and out of the box I wanted it to be...road trip ready and beach bound! I started out at World Market and got a lot of inspiration and was petty determined to find exactly what I was looking for so that I could check off a beach BBQ off of my summer bucket list.
Ultimately I was able to find what I was looking for at Wal-Mart. I love it because it was so affordable and the legs fold up and over the grill when the lid is on and it has a handle. It fits compact under a boat seat and it is light weight to carry to the beach. Now all I have to worry about is what to cook. One of my all time favorite things to cook would have to be kabobs. I think it is the perfect beach picnic food for grilling because you can prepare it the night before and have it good and ready. I also like that meat and vegetable are all in one place and you can eat it off of a stick! What is not to love? So, what are your favorite kabob recipes? I am on the hunt for them right now!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover